Sunday, April 25, 2010

I'm alive!

Sorry for the lack of posting the last two days, I've been shooting but it's been family stuff. A violation of the 'Project 365' rules maybe, but not the spirit :)

Today is day 115, and here is a shot that I came up with while doing dishes, of all things:

Torrential

Basically, this is water streaming through a plastic colander. The 580EX II speedlite is on the left at about 1/4 power and green gelled, and the LP120 is on the right at 1/8th power blue gelled just to give a little contrast. I expected slightly more blue tone in the shot, but I liked it enough as is. Focus is pretty good, but I couldn't manage much more crispness at 1/200th shutter. In hindsight I should have used the long-shutter-manual-strobe technique with this shot, but I didn't think of it until I was in post-processing.

No comments:

Post a Comment