Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Not so dandy...

So I've finished up my gearing. I'm done buying equipment for a long while. I started with some pretty basic gear, no lighting and no idea what I was doing. Now, I've got some pretty great gear, a 4 speedlite off-camera lighting system, and a slightly better idea of what I'm doing, but only slightly :)

My kit now includes:

EOS 7D
EF-S 60mm f/2.8 USM Macro
EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM (yeah, I swapped up from the 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 IS USM)
EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM
EF 1.4x TC II
Canon 580EX II Speedlite
LumoPro LP120 Speedlite
2 x LumoPro LP160 Speedlites

I'm selling my XSi and I've sold the EF 50mm f/1.4 USM to help fund this last gasp of equipment buying. I've done it mostly with used equipment and strategic price matching and swap-ups over the last few months, but it's still a big investment.

The next step is to really put the gears to generating some business. Maybe I'm crazy trying this, but I've got to give it a try.

Anyhow, playing with the 17-55 I was enjoying shots taken low and wide. I was messing with perspective and I couldn't help but notice one of THEM. You know, THEM. Sitting there in your yard, acting all high and mighty, messing up the joint. You can kill them, but they keep coming back...

The Interloper

I don't like using chemicals on the lawn, but man... I'm ready to go agent orange on this lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment