Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Another late night...

Another late night on Day 82, but this time I had a good excuse. I was invited by my coworker to shoot his girls' indoor soccer team again, this time at the city championship. It was a great game, but it ran quite late, so I'll just post a few of me favourite shots of the night.

All were shot with the 50mm f/1.4, mostly at f/1.8 and shutter speeds around 1/200th at ISO 800. I hate, hate, hate indoor arena lighting. Photographically it's useless, so I did a but of spray and pray, taking over 400 exposures in the course of the game. There were plenty of issues with exposure, focus, and noise since my little XSi suffers pretty badly at ISO 800. Still, they stand up pretty well when compared to my earlier soccer shoot which was done with a $2,100 L-series lens, and supplementing with flash. I can't complain.

Enjoy!

Maples Monarchs - U15 Champs #1

Maples Monarchs - U15 Champs #2

Maples Monarchs - U15 Champs #3

Maples Monarchs - U15 Champs #4

Maples Monarchs - U15 Champs #5

p.s. I have been asked to do a shoot on Thursday night for a friend and his band at a local hotel bar. Should be loads of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment