Thursday, October 1, 2009

Decision time...

Well the macro lens fell through, but I still have some cash available after I sold my Wii.

I want something to assist with my indoor shooting considering winter's imminent arrival. Winnipeg in winter is occasionally lovely but always brutally cold, so I will be looking to take the majority of my photos inside.

So, here are the options I'm considering:

- Canon Speedlite 430EX II
- Cameron Photo Box Kit #1
- Cameron Photo Box Kit #3

The flash is usable anywhere which is an advantage, but there are limitations to what a single flash can do. The small photo box will really help my macro shooting since one big issue of the extension tubes is maximum aperture limitation. The big box kit is quite nice, and the lights are even big enough to help with any sort of portrait photography or shooting outside of the photo box. Cost is an issue with the flash and big photo box however.

Why do I always seem to pick expensive hobbies?

No new pictures the last few days unfortunately. Limited shooting opportunities coupled with limited talent means no keepers at the moment. Hopefully the weekend will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment