Friday, October 23, 2009

Halloween scares!

Another quiet week, my apologies. I was in training most of the week, and we are also prepping our house for my Daughter's 4th birthday party tomorrow afternoon.

I do have a spooky Halloween story to share though! There is a 'Scary Fall Colours' contest run by one of the local photo clubs this month, and I had an idea for a shot that would involve a little bit of night-time cemetery photography. So, on Tuesday I got the kids to bed, packed up my camera bag and headed out at around 7:45pm. In Winnipeg this time of year, it's pretty much full dark at that time.

As I drove up one of the major streets not three minutes from my home, I had to jam on the brakes to avoid a deer that darted out from somewhere on the side of the road. I managed to avoid it, but it's apparently blind friend plowed into my drivers' side fender, rolled over my hood and vanished into the night.

So, I went out for a photo shoot, and ended up with no pictures and a few thousand dollars worth of body work on my less-than-six-month-old car. Scary!

Also, still waiting on the 60mm Macro to arrive. I have an alternate idea for a 'Scary Colours' shot using that lens...

No comments:

Post a Comment