Sunday, October 11, 2009

Quick updates.

Not much shooting the last few days, this weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving so lots of time is being spent on family stuff. I will, however, be doing two new 'shoots' this week upcoming.

A friend is overhauling his small business site, so I'll be bringing my lightbox over to his place on Tuesday to try some product shots. I'm looking forward to working out the new lightbox and getting some time in on cleanup and post-processing work.

In addition, my office has planned a soccer game against one of the city's under-17 girls soccer champions on Saturday. It's a 6-on-6 indoor game, so I've rented the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS again (GLEE!) to shoot the game. It made sense to rent it for the full weekend so I might try one of the waterbird preserves again on the Sunday following, or perhaps I'll find a nice autumn subject to shoot. I wanted the rent the EF 300mm f/2.8L IS, but that is a $4,000 lens and it's twice as expensive to rent. 200mm should be enough reach on a crop-body I hope!

Finally, there is a 'scary fall colours' contest on one of the local photo club forums, so I'm looking to shoot an entry before the end of the month, although I could use some inspiration on shot ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment