Saturday, July 24, 2010

I'm alive!

I've been busy the last few days, and my camera has been lonely in my backpack. We finally got out today, so this is day 176.

We took the kids to the Manitoba Museum today, and I was planning on taking some shots of the Nonsuch. The lighting in the gallery is really horrible though, bad enough that I'd need a tripod and I didn't have one with me.

Having said that, there are quite a few fun little things to see there, and I found a shot I liked elsewhere:

Big Pharma

There is a gallery that is set up like a city street from the 20s complete with a pharmacy. The cabinets are packed with a variety of these tonics, bottles, pills and other narcotic quackery, which are just wonderful examples of the graphic design of the era. I took a few shot, and just ended up liking this one after a little sharpening.

It's not much, but after the disappointing shots of the ship, I was happy to come away with something I liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment