Thursday, September 17, 2009

Minor gear acquisition!

Very minor. Still, a new toy is a new toy.

I headed back to Don's for a microfibre cleaning cloth, as I put my thumb on my 50mm f/1.8 lens. My smoothness knows no bounds, it seems.

I have been toying with the idea of a small flash diffuser or bounce card for portrait work, and as I was checking out I added The PUFFER to my bill. I had read about it before, and I knew that there were mixed reviews but for $20 or so, it seemed worth the shot.

I took a few quick snaps at work, and it seems to work as advertised. I'll try and set up a composition of something later this evening to give some comparison shots, but all in all it looks good for the price at the moment.

The good news for the weekend? Warm weather and no rain. Zoo day is on for Saturday, and I may hit up a soccer game my friend's kid is playing in on Sunday to take full advantage of the rental lens. Glad I opted to rent the f/2.8 for the bucks more than the f/4.

No comments:

Post a Comment