Thursday, August 20, 2009

The advantage of point and shoot.

I don't think I appreciated my old point and shoot camera enough. Most digital point and shoots have really solid macro modes, and with my current lens selection, that's something I now lack.

I had several ideas for compositions in the last two days, but I could never get a proper focus with the right composition on either of my lenses. The 50mm has a minimum distance of something like 8 inches, and the 18-55mm is about the same. For shooting small objects, they become so small in the frame that you might as well not shoot it. I'll save those compositions for another day.

Speaking of another day, it's been rain and more rain again here, thus no new pictures. I hope I have better luck and better conditions over the weekend. In the meantime, it's off to eBay to watch for cheap macro lenses!

No comments:

Post a Comment