Monday, August 17, 2009

Rainy days...

A piece of advice that I picked up over on Ask Metafilter told me to start paying attention to light, how it reflects, what happens when things move, and that eventually I would learn to 'think photographically'. Today it's overcast and rainy here, and I suppose I never noticed before that everything becomes so flat without the contrast of light and shadow.

I want to post a new photo every day, and so far the weather has made everything that I would consider shooting outdoors rather bland by comparison.

For instance, outside of my office there is a fountain that has a series of jets in a straight line. It's a bit cliched, but I wanted to take a few pictures of the jets from different perspectives, and play with shutter speed and depth of field. In the overcast light, however, I can't imagine anything exposing well, let alone looking good enough to photograph.

I'll try something at home tonight instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment