Sunday, August 16, 2009

Well, here I go.

I've ordered all the equipment, and I'm ready to start taking pictures. I've been reading a ton of links on photo basics, composition rules and the like but the thing I need most, at this point, is practice.

Let's just say that my good lady wife is already tired of having the new camera appear everywhere.

Here is the equipment I have assembled to start my photographic endeavours:

  • Canon EOS 450D (aka Rebel XSi)
  • Canon EF-S 18-55mm IS Lens (Kit lens)
  • Canon EF 50mm 1.8 Lens (Nifty fifty!)
  • Manfrotto 055XB Tripod w/ ball head
Next on the list might be a speedlite, followed by a telephoto zoom/wide-angle/macro as the need arises and the funds become available. I certainly could have come up with a cheaper hobby given that my wife is on mat leave and I have a month-old son, that's certain.

So without any further blathering, the best shot I managed to take in the first day of shooting, my daughter, snuggling on the couch with me.

I'm biased and all, but she has wonderful eyes. She and my son are pretty much the whole reason I am doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment