Sunday, August 23, 2009

Macro test shots.

Well the clouds have not cleared, but an opportunity arose while making breakfast for Dear Daughter this morning.

A brief bit of sunlight cut through the clouds and hit on the strawberries I was preparing for her breakfast. I liked the way the blinds threw a shadow, and I started taking shots.

Here is the first:



Then it was time to break out the extension tubes. I took a shot with each of the tubes individually (12mm, 20mm and 36mm), but the light was too low to shoot either the 20mm or 36 without a flash. Using the onboard flash worked quite well, but there is a clear difference in the exposure and white balance in those shots. All the macro shots were taken with my tripod and a cable release.

Here is the 12mm:



The 20mm:




The 36mm:




I'm very happy with these tubes!

No comments:

Post a Comment