Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday's pictures...

Found two subjects, one that I sort of planned, and another that just turned up.

The first is my Brown-Headed Parrot, Twiglet. I just got a shot of her as she sat on the door of her cage. This is her inquisitive look, one that I often get before she attempts to remove a huge chunk of my finger. She is very much my wife's pet in this regard...



The other was just a fluke. Dear daughter spent a while this afternoon painting pictures, and my wife left the paints out to dry before putting them away. I was going to try and do this shot on a white background, but I think the contrast with the near-black countertop works well. I'm more pleased with this shot than I thought I would be.



I'm still taking these shots in aperture priority mode on the 50mm 1.8 lens at the moment, I find the narrow depth of field the most pleasing effect for these types of shots. If I can get to that fountain on a sunny day, I'll try some shutter priority experiments next.

No comments:

Post a Comment