Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Back to work...

Well, my vacation is over, and it's back to the project 365. By my reckoning this is day 158, I didn't count any of the days on my vacation since I was largely just shooting for myself.

This morning I went out to shoot flowers in the garden, early enough to get the dew on the petals. The flower beds grew in nicely while we were away so it seemed like a natural thing to spend some time on.

Much to my delight, what I actually found was a drowsy little fly on a leaf who was seemingly not afraid of my lens. I had my Macro lens on started shooting. He moved around a bit, but I was able to get a couple of shots in focus and decently composed.

Here is my favourite of the day:

Help Meeee!

The settings on this shot were f/6.3 at 1/100th shutter. I had to go to ISO 200 to get the exposure bright enough with the decent shutter speed and reasonable DOF. Even so, I would have liked to get this shot at f/11 or so, but I didn't have enough time to fiddle with the settings before the fly finally flew away.

All in all, I can still be happy with this shot. I haven't had many macro opportunities lately so it's nice to do something different for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment