Sunday, June 13, 2010

Oak Hammock Marsh

We spent day 156 at Oak Hammock Marsh which is another wildlife area about twenty minutes north of Winnipeg. I'm enjoying shooting birds, what can I say!

Now, the problem is that I'm not very good at it. Trying to get 320mm of focal length to bear on a bird that is whipping across your entire field of vision in under two seconds is really, really challenging both for the photographer and his or her autofocus system. So I may not have a bunch of great wildlife shots today, but I had a great time.

Here are the shots I kept today, starting with two shots of the ubiquitous Redwinged Blackbird:
Redwinged Blackbird in the Wind

Redwinged Blackbird in the Wind - #2

Female Yellow-Headed Blackbird:
Female Yellow Headed Blackbird

Semipalmated Plover in flight:
Semipalmated Plover

My favourite bird shot of the day, a Barn Swallow:
Barn Swallow

Some other interesting shots:
Highway to the Danger Zone

Monarch Butterfly

A landscape shot deep in the bullrushes:
Bullrush Landscape

And the necessary shots of my daughter in her element, first with a pile of twigs and looking for some water in which to toss them:
Down on the Boardwalk

In this picture, I can't help but think that she's saying, "I WILL CRUSH YOU":
I Must Crush You!

A fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment