Friday, April 16, 2010

Bowl lightning?

Today was a good day to head back and look at an earlier concept and reshoot it. I've mentioned this once or twice before, but I consider this a good way to both apply new techniques I've learned, and to see how far I've come in this process. So for day 106, we are going to revisit day 9.

Light painting looks great, although it's not particularly unique. I decided to add an object, two colours of lights (using gels) and some better new techniques in low-light shooting.

Here is today's shot:

Bowl o' Lightning

I had wanted the light to 'fill' the bowl more, but my light sources physically didn't fit in the bowl, so it ended up sort of floating around it. I had to clear out some flaring and shadows at the bottom of the shot as well, but I think this is head and shoulders above my earlier effort, and that's what I want to see.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment