Sunday, April 11, 2010

Graphical graphite!

Day 101 of Project 365 was also pretty busy, and by the end of the day I was pretty bagged, but I was looking for interesting picture subjects all day. I had a couple of ideas by the end of the day, but I settled on something that would have a little randomness to it.

My daughter is learning to write her name (along with several other words) and shes been going through a lot of pencils and crayons. I borrowed one of them and her sharpener tonight, and decided to see if I could get some interesting curls. What I gout was actually a little loop:

Graphical Graphite

Tight DOF and blown highlights seemed to be the best way to shoot this, and there is a lot of detail and interesting 'cragginess' in the graphite at the center. I played around with a bunch of other compositions, and I'm not sure what else to do with it. I think there is something better, but I'm not sure what... Maybe something to come back to another day?

No comments:

Post a Comment