Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Half Mast

After a long weekend with another visit to the hospital for my boy today, my mood for day 124 was decidedly sombre. The weather was more than happy to oblige with grey skies and cold drizzle as well.

On the way home, I also noticed the city flags were at half mast. As overly depressing as the day was, the flapping field of white and red was a spot of bright colour. I tried to shoot it through my sunroof looking up while stopped at a red light. The polarized glass messed with the colour so it needed a bit of work with an adjustment brush in post, but I think it worked out well enough.

Half Mast

I would have liked the flag a little more unfurled, but since I was driving, I couldn't really sit and wait for the moment. Here's hoping the rest of the week is sunnier, figuratively and literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment