Saturday, May 1, 2010

Rain, rain, rain!

So we have been having a bit of a drought in Winnipeg this spring, but the rain is finally coming down. Just in time to turn into snow during a cold snap tomorrow, ha!

When it rains, I can guarantee that my daughter will want to go 'puddle splashing', which always ends up with her getting absolutely drenched from head to toe. I don't mind, it's part of growing up, right?

Part of the fun is seeing how much water she manages to get into her boots, often it seems like there is more water in there than the boot should be able to hold. That's the subject of my picture for day 121:

Puddle Splashing Time!

Not a lot of new ground in this picture, but this is another case where I'm polishing a shot based on my experience with similar shots. I think I did well here, using the angle of the shot to create a little more interest, solid focus, and the lighting seems well balanced. The colourful boots really do set this whole shot off though, and she loves them so all is right with the world.

On a side note, my little guy is recovering fairly well, but we have to keep a close eye on all of his incisions, and watch his intake and output to make sure his systems are recovering from the anesthetic. It's not at all pleasant, but in the grand scheme of things, it could have been a lot worse. He's a tough little dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment