Thursday, March 4, 2010

Get your insulin ready...

Having fun with food tonight, and my daughter's new favourite dessert ended up in front of the lens for Day 63.

BEHOLD THE RAINBOW CHOC-O-RAMA!

Rainbow Choc-o-rama!

Arrowroot cookies, a smear of Nutella, and a sprinkling of mini M&Ms.

I made a bit of a challenge for this one, as I wanted to make it more than just a picture of food. There was plenty of colour and contrast already, a lightbox to use, a crystal plate to put it on, but I took several shots before settling on this. This is the first shot I took at the exaggerated angle, and it just works. I've noticed this is a lot of food shots, especially in shots of repeating objects like cupcakes and cookies. I can't explain why it works, but this was the best shot by far.

ISO 100, f/10 at 1/60th shutter. 580EX II remotely fired with the pocket wizards at 1/8th power, from above.

No comments:

Post a Comment