Sunday, March 21, 2010

In bloom...

Day 80 of my project 365, and I took the opportunity of a (relatively) quiet afternoon to get out of the house to shoot. As I mentioned, I had an idea for a shot today, but I was not going to do another shot in my house if I didn't have to. I'll save it for another day.

My wife and I packed up the kids and rove to the Assiniboine Park Conservatory so that I could fulfil a plan I had earlier and take my macro out for a flower shoot.

Interestingly enough, I didn't shoot a ton of really tight shots since lighting gets to be a problem when you are really close to the subject since you need to crank the aperture way down to get a decent amount of DOF. I knew this would be an issue, so I packed my 580EX II and Omnibounce. All of the shots below were taken with that lighting setup and the 60mm EF-S Macro.

I won't comment on each shot, but if you want details of the exposure settings of names of the flowers, just click them for the Flickr link as usual. Enjoy!

Pink Hyacinth Buds

Red and Yellow Tulips

Pale Purple Blooms

White and Red Flowers

Pale Blue Hyacinths

Pink and Orange Tulips

Yellow Tulip

These are my three favourites of the day:

Pinky Purple Blooms

White Flowers with Red Tips

Purple Hyacinths

Thanks, as always, for reading and looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment