Thursday, March 11, 2010

It does a body good!

Day 70, and I was looking around on Flickr for some inspiration. The shot I decided to attempt is a pretty common one, but it looked technically challenging.

Well, it was.

Behold my attempt at the milk splash:

It Does A Body Good

The reason I chose this was a two-fold challenge: Lighting curved glass, and exposing a very white object.

I got the effect on the background I wanted with a slight ray effect on the mottled black, and I was able to time and light the shot fairly well by lighting from above with a snoot and a diffuser, but the exposure is still tricky. The milk is basically blown out, and there is not a lot of definition there.

By comparison, this was one of the shots I was looking at for inspiration. I still have a lot of learning to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment