Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Let the games begin!

Day 13 of the year, and I've managed to post every day. I'm kind of surprised and happy to have made it this far without missing a day!

Today's shot was an opportunistic one. My daughter left her mitts in the snow today, and the red on white contrast was really quite nice.

Let the Games Begin

I *like* this picture, but I don't love it. I have no idea how to light snow, so I tried with flash, without flash, different angles, etc, and this was the best of the shots. The settings on this shot were 1/40th shutter, f/5, ISO 100 with the 580EX II firing on E-TTL II.

My first few shots were against unbroken snow, and you couldn't tell that there was a background at all. It might have well been taken in my lightbox. I stomped near the mitts to try and make some texture in the shot and that improved the composition somewhat.

I'll have to read up on exposing for snow, the contrast that I liked so much in the composition made the exposure tricky.

No comments:

Post a Comment