Saturday, January 2, 2010

Sharper than a 135mm f/2...

I had a little bit of time for boxing day shopping this year, and I found myself giggling like a schoolgirl when I noticed that Amazon.ca had a 4" Shun Chef's Knife on for 65% off.

I love to cook, so this was a must buy for me. Shun makes some of the best, sharpest knives in the world, and they are HORRIBLY expensive. The little 4" one retails at about $200CDN, and they only go up from there.

One of the defining features of a Shun knife is the multi-layered steel the knives are made of, called multi-clad steel, which emulates the look of Damascus Steel.

I wanted to capture the ripples and patterns in the blade, but the reflection from the lights made this extremely difficult. A polarizer might have helped, but I don't have one yet.

Multi-clad Steel

Not a great picture, but so be it. I love my knife :D

No comments:

Post a Comment