Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A lunch time walkaround

Day six allowed me a chance to walk around after lunch, and although it was certainly not the warmest day, it was warmer than the past week had been.

I wasn't sure where I was heading, but looking from my office window, I was staring at a church tower that I always notice, but have never really investigated. I slapped on my kit lens and headed that way.

Knox United Church

This is the Knox United Church, or so Google tells me. It's quite a charming building, although the gray skies today didn't give much contrast to the shot, so I opted for a monochrome treatment. I think it fits an old stone church quite well. I had trouble getting the whole structure in frame without some distractions in the way, so this was lightly edited in GIMP to remove a power line from the upper right corner of the shot.

Picture was taken at f/8, 1/250th shutter, at 20mm.

No comments:

Post a Comment